Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Transition Time!

I am usually one who welcomes change...but this is the first time in a couple years that everything seems to be changing for me. Let's start with Brian: He's still working pretty hard, but I am starting to finally adjust better. It could be since my baby is now 9 months and it's starting to get easier. We are also really trying to work on our love languages, since they are polar opposites (like everything else with us). But it's a good thing!

My kiddos: First and foremost-the biggest change is that I will have a year go by without being pregnant or giving birth! AMEN! Chase will start pre-school this fall, Callie is entering her terrible 2's (but is still very tame compared to chase), and corban is a sweet baby. I am just really enjoying hanging out with them and taking it easy.

My jobs: (well, all my volunteering positions) As most of you know, i founded a local support group for moms, www.trianglemommies.com, a couple years ago. As of next week, I will no longer be the administrator for it. The timing of it all has been perfect...i have been needing a break, and the Lord provided excellent people to take over the site. We have over 1,500 members now, and I am truly blessed to see how moms are finding friendships and support through my group. I am also stepping down from a couple other volunteering positions to take a complete break from everything. Of course this fall, I will lead worship once a month (and am very excited to focus on preparing for that). I am also on the leadership team for HOPEmissions at my church and will just be spending some time in prayer as to what to do within that group.

My family: Well, Michelle is preggo with #3 and due in january. She amazes me at how laid back she is with having kids and being 23. Melanie and Justin got married last week at a civil ceremony. We are throwing her just a little dinner to celebrate on Saturday in MD. (it's family only, so don't be offended if you didn't get an invite!). Their baby is due Christmas Eve. My poor sis is going through SO much transition with all of that, owning and running a hair salon, figuring out where to live, picking a new vehicle....the list goes on. But she's a trooper and will get through it-she always does! My parents never moved to Ohio-i am in prayer for them for God to show them what he wants them to do next as a couple. Monica is on summer break from Liberty, doing some odds and ends jobs to stay busy. She's such a good auntie to all the kids!

My friends: This is one of the hardest transitions for me currently..... anyone can tell you how "family-oriented" i am and how i obsess over the fact i have no family around me. The Lord always takes care of me and Brian, no matter where we have lived, to provide us with friends who are like family to us. Our 2 sets of closest pals are moving away...holly and cj are practically gone to cali, and brad and cindy just got a contract on their house and will head to chicago in a couple months. both are godparents to a couple of my kids and have been the ones we do everything with. I am the one used to doing the leaving, not the one being left. It's so traumatic!!! (it doesn't help i am so dramatic about it all either). But i'm just totally sad about it selfishly. I am stoked about them moving on to greater things in life and starting brand new, and I don't want to take away from that. But we all know that long distance friendships are never the same, we just have to do the best we can. So i am taking applications for new best friends if you are interested....HAHAHA.

My spiritual make-up: is always in transition. After going on the "missions" trip to DC with the teens, I know the community is where my heart is right now. I know I will end up in Africa some day, as I have had that desire since I was a young teen. It's so hard because I have this wanna "save the world" mentality, and I obviously cannot do it all. I am taking this time off to focus on what the Lord wants me to do and to study the Word and exercise my spiritual gifts. I just want a total make-over and a new and fresh perspective. So pray for me if you think about it :)

Ok, that's all and what a HUGE first blog entry. I promise the ones to follow will not be this long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! Why didn't we hang out while we were here! Sometimes God has people's paths cross for a reason...and I think he was a little late on this one! :)
I have a rumbly feeling in my heart...which usually means sometime great is going to happen. Good luck with everything...and I'm sorry we won't have more time to hang!

Jessica said...

I feel the same way you do about missions, but like BK said the other Sunday we can be missionaries here and save the world here. I would love to drop everything and set off for Puerto Rico right now but I know that I have not acquired the education I want (and I think God wants me to have) to do what I think I am supposed to do there. Who knows! Anyways, I feel you on the friends thing- after graduation EVERYONE moved away, but that just leaves spots for us to touch more people right? Trying to stay positive too!

Heather said...

am i even in the running for new best friends?

Jennifer said...

don't forget the triad!!! that will be new and exciting and will fill every void in your life....okay well that may not be exactly true, but doss and i will sure try!!
miss you! i'll be back next week so we will have to get together. muah!