Monday, August 17, 2009

it came-and it went.....


all my pals...

me and my hot man!

me and my parents and sisters!!

so i turned 30 last friday. i was fairly depressed leading up to that day. crying here and there, disappointed at myself for some things, happy about others. friday was a low-key day, had breakfast at cfa with some friends and then brian and my boys took me to outback for dinner (callie was with my parents that week).

all my sisters, parents, and nieces and nephews came down on saturday and the whirlwind started whirling! brian and some pals organized an early 90's hip hop party for me at la rez in chapel hill for saturday night. i have been dreaming about this theme for probably 2 years now and to see it come to fruition was AWESOME. we all shopped for outfits at dots and the thrift stores, all finding some treasures. i tried my best to replicate how i looked in the early 90's (adding the 100 pounds i've gained since then! haha). everyone did such an amazing job. DJ Mass Appeal even hails from fort washington, md (right next to waldorf), so he knew just what to do! cake made my none other than cakemaster cj stephens!

the leo in me loved being celebrated to the fullest! it meant a lot to have family and friends there, and honestly my true friends showed up that night. :) so thanks to everyone who helped make the entrance into my 30's a memorable one!

5 comments:

cmrpaul said...

Happy birthday, lady! It was a blast! Thanks for having me!

Annie said...

does this mean I'm not your true friend cause I couldn't be there :o( I heart you!!

*marissa* said...

you are my friend, annie! i just had to cut it off there before i went off about some stuff :) i know you wanted to be there. big difference. :) miss you!

Jessica said...

I wish I could have been there but I'm glad you had a blast! And I am a friend missy! Just a friend that lives 9 hours away! :-)

CandCFamily said...

So sad I missed it, glad you had a great party!