
I've noticed a trend...a good trend...successful companies doing what they can to help those in need. The most recent addition to this generous phenomenon would be The Cheesecake Factory. They are hosting a Drive Out Hunger Tour to support Feeding America. 30 cities in 30 days for September, where they will give you a slice of Stefanie's Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake if you donate 2 cans of soup (to the first 500 guests).
I had the pleasure of catching the tour this morning at The Streets at Southpoint here in Durham (which lucky for me is not even 5 minutes from my house!) The TriangleMommies were buzzing about it early in the morning, so I wanted to make sure I got there in time. I stopped by on my way to take DD to preschool, my other child still in his pajamas, and I looking not put-together at all. My kids were actually very excited to give some food to help others in need. One is never to young to ignite that spark of compassion, so it helps when our children see companies they love being an example of that.
It was starting to rain and I am still not able to fully walk yet without crutches, but I managed to carry my kids over to the set up tents. I guess cheesecake desire could very well be a super-power! 93.9 was there playing the hits and every single person I came into contact with was full of energy with a warm and welcoming smile. We gave our cans, got our free slices (which were ready to go in to-go bags), had our picture taken, and was given 2 free cheesecake coupons for future use. We were in and out in not even 5 minutes. I would have lingered for more fun had it not started to rain harder. I don't know who was more ecstatic about the cheesecake, me or my kids! And if you have never had the Red Velvet cheesecake before, it is a MUST! I literally get the Godiva or pumpkin cheesecake (when in season) every time, but Red Velvet is now on that short list.

So thank you, Cheesecake Factory, for your generosity and willingness to use your success to benefit others!
In case you missed out today, here are a couple more promotions you can be sure to participate in to continue the fight against hunger:
* On September 30th, bring 2 soup cans when you dine and they will donate 10% of your guest check to a local food bank.
* For the next 12 months, whenever you order a slice of Stefanie's Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake, they will donate .25 cents to Feeding America. If you buy the 10" cake, they will donate $1.00.
This could add up fast! Every little bit helps...

No comments:
Post a Comment