not just a gold star, we're talking a diamond star here! i sometimes take for granted what a wonderful husband i have. our love languages are polar opposites, but there are times when i love when he speaks to me in his! he speaks with acts of service (when i usually only like to hear words of affirmation), but this weekend he just blew me away. let me list the ways:
-helped organize clothes for yard sale
-organized the toys for yard sale
-rushed home when i was literally freaking out with corb's allergic reaction
-organized and swept the basement.
-set up everything for the yard sale and put what was left away.
-rented a steam cleaner (on his own!!!!! no hint from me or anything!), stayed up until 2 am and cleaned the carpet for my party.
-vacuumed everything.
-cleaned off the bartop.
-cleaned the kid's playroom.
-cleaned the bathroom.
-bought and replaced our toilet seat cover.
-took the kids to the park for several hours on saturday while i baked.
-cleaned the office.
-alphabetized all my party favors according to guest names.
-hung the garland over the cabinets and over the stairs.
-made all the coffee for my party and cleaned the mess i made while failing to make coffee (we're talking coffee EVERYWHERE).
-lit most of the candles for my party.
-took the kids to chikfila during my party.
-put the kids to bed during my party.
-let me sleep in on sunday and cleaned up some food i left out after my party.
so i have no other way of putting this, but my husband is THE SHIT. i love him more than words could ever say and i would be nothing without him.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
your husband IS the shit! so is mine. we are lucky, lucky women.
I am amazed...not sure if I'm more amazed with your hubby or you. All I know is I have no kids, just the dog and Josh and I still couldn't have pulled that off! I will continue to read and learn...
(Brianne)
brianne, you are hilarious! you could learn more "what not to do" from me! hey, i should have my own show!
rachel, we are very lucky women (most of the time!) hahaha.
Your husband is amazing, and I sure hope he reads this!!!! I am definitely part of the club who got blessed with FABULOUS husbands!!!
Also...do I need to remind you again that Brian and I are way too much alike. Scary almost! Wait...not to say that I am fab or anything! :)
of course bri is!! I have taught him so well!! why do u think he loves me so much!!! now to find one just like him!!!
That is so awesome! I've been keeping a list all week of the things Matt's done for me. And that's it, I'm going to just buy that 5 Love Languages book finally so I can figure out which we are because I have a sneaking suspicion we're opposite too:)
Post a Comment