Saturday, January 19, 2008

obsession

i have gone back to an old song. i'll never forget it. i was in long island visiting a vineyard church up there, making new friends, and taking in as much of the Lord as i could at 17 years old. delirious had just put out their live in a tin can cd, which i couldn't put down. i remember going to bed listening to "obsession" and just the holy spirit falling on me. i laid there at 17 in his presence thrilled at what he had next for me and my life. i was truly obsessed with serving him.

so i am back at that stage. he has put a fire in my belly that i can't seem to shake. he's given me a new dream and strong desire-can't wait to figure out how it will all work out. i'll wait as long as i have to.

here are the lyrics. i wish you could here the song. listen to it, if you have it. don't be afraid to let him be your obsession. feel him in your life.

Obsession

What can I do with my obsession?
With the things I cannot see
Is there madness in my being?
Is it wind that blows the trees?

Sometimes you're further than the moon
Sometimes you're closer than my skin
And you surround me like a winter fog
You've come and burned me with a kiss

And my heart burns for you
And my heart burns

And I'm so filthy with my sin
I carry pride like a disease
You know I'm stubborn God and I'm longing
to be close


You burn me deeper than I know
I feel lonely without hope
I feel desperate without vision
You wrap around me like a winter coat
You come and free me like a bird

And my heart burns for you
And my heart burns for you

Written by Martin Smith 1995 Curious? Music UK

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

hey! i miss you! can't wait for triad this week so i can hear what god is doing in your life! love you :)

Benji Kelley said...

I bet you also liked that ole Vineyard song we did this morning during the message - More Love More Power! It was great to bring it back!

*marissa* said...

jennifer, i can't wait for our triad either! and it's on the holy spirit...awww yeah!

BK, you know i loved it!i'm sure you could hear me belting out ridiculously with the female echo. love that jam.