Saturday, January 26, 2008

this journey

i just can't stall out. some of you know that i am on the quest to lose 100 pounds (no , i am not being unrealistic.) one day the light bulb just went off, back in october. it could have been that i put on 10 more pounds in a couple months while working out at the gym (no, not muscle!), or my dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes around then, or when i went down to florida to hang out with my skinny college friends i could barely put on the seatbelt on the airplane. probably just a culmination of all of it.

i met with ramsay on nov. 2nd and he put me on a pretty strict regiment, very different from what i was used to. but i just needed to be told what to do. i haven't been to the gym at all over that time due to illnesses, kid's schedules, my excuses, but mostly my need for baby steps in this process.

in the almost 3 months since then, my family has gotten on board with me. we only eat whole wheat bread, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta. we don't hit the drive through even half as much as we did before. we eat more fruits and veggies and my kids have started asking for water, to drink just like mommy. i have had soda probably 5 times since november and sweet tea once (if you know me, you know that is just CRAZY), and some alcohol here and there. i watch my calories and fat like there is no tomorrow, with a little splurge here and there. it's finally in my mind to make the change, and changing my habits has not been that difficult-THANKS BE TO GOD. He has truly answered my prayers in this department-giving me friends to hold me accountable, a family that is encouraging, a father who is inspirational, and the peace that this will take time.

so here i am at 17 pounds lost so far. 83 more to go. i went to the teacher store and bought a hundreds poster. i have been coloring in when i lose the weight and have kept it off for at least a week. i will be starting back at the gym this week (someone in my family has been sick every week since christmas!). pray for me if you think about it. i hope to update with good news as time goes on!

9 comments:

TP said...

I think you look great, of course, but if you need a cheerleader I'll be here! Yay, M!

CindyLooHoo said...

I am SO proud of you and hope we can cheer each other on during our journey!!! Keep your head and heart strong, and I know you will see your goal closer day by day!!!
Love you girl!!!

Jessica said...

Wow! Congrats on the loss so far! It's great that your whole family is changing their diet- - - most people that loss weight tend to gain it back because of their surroundings and because they ate diet stuff they don't normally eat. It's so great to get the kids eating so healthy so young! I'm proud of you!!! Just don't get too carried away ;-)
Now that I've had my surgery I am trying to get back in shape (I gained about 15-20 lbs because of the cyst I had)so if you need encouragement just let me know!

Stephanie M said...

Yay Marissa! I've got 70 more to go. I need to get to the gym too. I will be praying for you!

*marissa* said...

ladies, and those who i have seen since this blog post-thanks for the encouragement :) i appreciate it!

Jennifer said...

you can do it girl! you know that i will support you all the way! my prayers are with you...

111 said...

hooray!! i think that's awesome... the hundreds charts is a brilliant idea! :)

Lofthill Love said...

adding you to my personal prayer request of God's willpower in having the ability of saying no to sweet delectable goodies =)

cmrpaul said...

That is terrific! Great job!! Best of luck and patience as you continue!