Thursday, May 22, 2008

AI results

so i enjoyed watching the finale last night until 1am. haha. i personally did not care who won. they are both very different and both are talented in their own right. i wrote this post on TM, so to save my thoughts i'll just post it here:

what a fun show! i was happy for both of them. they really brought back some old skool folks on that show--seal, bryan adams, donna summer, and the forever fabulous george michael! he is still hot and i just love his singing!

carrie underwood knocked it out with her performance-she did so well. i really enjoy her vocally and as a performer.

jordin did decent (i must admit, i fast forwarded through most performances after the first minute-i wanted to get to the end!), but i thought it was so cute how they showed blake and he was singing every word of her song!

most of the top 12 did pretty well in all of their songs--KLC actually did *really* well compared to her usual self, i thought! amanda and m girl were awful and most of them looked very uncomfortable dancing and singing simultaneously!

brooke and graham nash's duet was great-that is definitely a great fit for her.

i will say, i was laughing HYSTERICALLY when the guys were singing "father figure", especially when david H sang the word "naked". did you see his face? it was priceless. it was just creepy all around having those young boys singing that song. hahahaha.

fun show though. my DVR cut off right after they said cookie's name! i was about to get upset!

2 comments:

Breezy said...

I'll say I have faith in America again! Some years America (or the secret ballot of producers of Idol-b/c I'm not convinced it's totally America's choice) get it wrong...can you say FANTASIA, among others. David Cook was my fav, he's the true idol. Little Archuletta has a gift, but he is not someone I'd go see in concert, nor would we hear him on contemporary/popular radio. Yay for David Cook...such a cool guy (ah, at least he seems so!). I missed Father Figure and I'm totally bummed about that...it's one of my favs only b/c UNC has a boys acapella (sp?) group that used to sing it when I was in school...hotties!

Annie said...

A few thoughts:
AI=Artificial Intelligence=Am.Idol hmmm ponder that one!

And ewwww to George Michael. If creepy is the new sexy than I agree he's sexy. He looked, I dunno like a shell of the man he used to be, rather sad and skeletal.

I loved the ZZ Top performance with Cook, and Seal with Siyesha. But I must say that the guy who sang with "Little Arche" clearly had ego issues as he kept trying to upstage him at the piano. But Little David was much better than him and a true pro about it.

My dvr cut off right before the results but I was able to cut to live and rewind back to the results and the winning song which was great.

My first season watching and from what I understand it's been the best and most talented season. Guess I picked the right time to start watching!! :0)