Friday, August 1, 2008

here's my right leg for you healthcare system!

this has been hands down one of the worst weeks of our lives. but at least the healthcare system is making some money-like several hundred dollars from my family alone!

sunday afternoon brian fell asleep at 3pm with a fever. he woke up tuesday night (well except when he was vomiting). i really enjoyed watching the kids that whole time. that boy never misses work and he missed 3 days this week. he was SICK.

sunday night before cindy boarded her flight to chicago, she got sick and was vomiting. she feels better now though.

corbs had been dealing with a low grade fever this whole time, we were thinking he was teething. that is until i noticed something funky behind his ear and his skin was really bad all over. took him to the doc on tuesday and they confirmed he had a staph infection. he is on a steroid, an antibiotic, anti-itch syrup, and anti-itch creams. (well he is on the last 2 everyday anyway).

then on wednesday, i woke up with a sore throat. that happens sometimes and it just goes away, well this one didn't. i was napping as i started falling into a coma with a fever and brian woke me up to say that chase swallowed a quarter! what?!?!! so he took him to the doctor and they did some tests to see if he could eat, etc. so we have to inspect his poop to make sure it comes out. which has been next to impossible since i have been in a coma.

thank God that on thursday, my kids were SO good and survived while mommy slept the whole day. i was so sick. brian of course had to go to work that day (too bad i can't call in sick from my job!) so when he got home he took me to urgent care and they confirmed i have strep throat. i can't swallow because of the pain, so i have lost 8 pounds already. at least there is an upside! hahaha.

i feel better today, got a couple doses of antibiotics in. but if you think about us today, please pray that none of my other kids get sick. i don't know if i can handle it!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh man and on tax free weekend! Did anyone else at the party get sick? I just wonder if a kid came in with something and it got passed around. Luckily I haven't been sick anymore beyond the lovely allergy stuff. I'll definitely be praying for your family! If I was in the area I would have watched your kids so you could sleep! HAHA! Feel better!

Breezy said...

When it rains it pours! Poor thing!! I will definitely be praying for you and the fam.

Jennifer said...

i will be praying for you guys! please let me know if you need anything. love ya!!!

CindyLooHoo said...

Girl, I truly do wish I was closer so I could give you some breaks from your job! You poor thing...I am glad you are on meds now and hopefully will feel restored very soon! Love you, and thanks again for such an amazing weekend!