Friday, July 25, 2008

heartbeat

so, i've been busy lately, so sorry for post lackage. callie turns 3 today and we have a lot of family coming down, and godparents brad and cindy are flying down from chicago!!!!! so when i am with my sisters or cindy, this means we go dancing. i have really been digging the madge's new cd. there is a track she does with pharell that i am totally obsessed with "heartbeat". the reason is because it is totally how i feel when i dance. just plain and simple. if i wasn't called to something else, i would start a dance ministry in a heartbeat. hahaha. i love to choreograph, it's all i do in my mind.

there is no video to watch, but check out the track playing. hope it gets your dancing feet a'thumpin!



On any given night
Catch me on the floor
Working up the sweat
That's what music is for
I'd rather not explain
For me it's just usual

You can catch me poppin' like (Once I get going I am gone)
Dropin' like
Ain't no stoppin' like
Are you watchin' like
You can catch me poppin' like (I keep it going all night long)
Dropin' like
Ain't no stoppin' like
Are you watching like

You know I feel it in my heartbeat
It may feel old to you but to me it feels new
You know I feel it in my heartbeat
Don't you know, can't you see, when I dance I feel free
Which makes me feel like the only one
The only one
That the light shines on
(totally!) haha.


This complicated life
I tried to do my best
I always tell myself
It's all just a test
For me it's an escape
For dancing makes you beautiful


And they can't pretend (Once I am moving I'm alright)
It's remembering
Let the music play
Are you watchin' like
You can catch me poppin' like (I keep on dancing to the night)
Each and every night
Let the music play
'Cause I'm hear to stay

You know I feel it in my heartbeat
It may feel old to you but to me it feels new (Come on)
You know I feel it in my heartbeat
Don't you know, can't you see, when I dance I feel free
Which makes me feel like the only one (The only one, the only one)
The only one
That the light shines on (Oh)


You probably think I'm crazy
I don't want you to save me
Don't mean to disappoint you
I'd never felt so free
If you could stand in my shoes
Then you would feel my heartbeat too

You can catch me poppin' like (Once I am moving I'm alright)
Dropin' like
Ain't no stoppin' like
Are you watchin' like
You can catch me poppin' like (I can keep on going through the night)
Dropin' like
Ain't no stoppin' like
Are you watching like

You know I feel it in my heartbeat
It may feel old to you but to me it feels new
You know I feel it in my heartbeat
Don't you know, can't you see, when I dance I feel free

Which makes me feel it in my heartbeat (The only one, the only one)
It may feel old to you but to me it feels new
You know I feel it in my heartbeat
Don't you know, can't you see, when I dance I feel free
Which makes me feel the only one
The only one
That the light shines on

3 comments:

CindyLooHoo said...

SO excited to get my boot-ay shaking!!! OMG- did you see our man on SYTYCD the other night? Mr. LL Cool J was pumping out his new song!!! Made me think of when we heard him in Charlotte...across the parking lot. Anyhoo..I am counting down the hours!!!

Breezy said...

I really hope Connor and I are feeling up to par-taying with all y'all. I would be very upset if I missed out on all the fun! So are you working on the dance for the weekend? I'm counting on you for some moves =)

*marissa* said...

hahaha, i do more interpretive dance while out, not so much bootay shaking. hahaha. cindy, are you on the plane yet, seriously!

brianne, i can't even count how many times i have gone out fully preggo and still had fun. take one for the team sista, it's all about the company!!!!! ninja connor will be more than ready!!!