Tuesday, July 15, 2008

it approacheth.....

i know i have a few africa posts left and i promise i will complete them... i was being shallow and thinking of myself and my 29th birthday that will be taking place on august 14th. i'm really struggling with turning 29. what's pathetic, is that i have already been planning my 30th birthday party for a few months now! haha.

what i didn't mention in my family reunion post was probably one of the most exciting parts. my brother in law justin was sitting there talking to me about things and then said something along the lines "you know, when melanie takes you to the new kids on the block concert." um, excuse me>!?!?! i shot a look over at her like "are you serious???" and she looked at justin like "thanks for ruining the surprise!" but anyway, i was and am very excited!!!!! a friend of hers bought 4 tickets and told her she could bring a friend and of course, mel knew i wanted to go because i sent an email to my entire family telling them to buy me tickets for my birthday. hahaha. even though i have never met this friend of mel's, i am so grateful :)

so i was pondering other birthday "wants" because many of my blogger friends have done this, so i guess it is ok....

* anything from bath n body works in plumeria. i haven't had any in like a year.
* dark blot powder and lots of lip gloss from MAC cosmetics.
* a pedicure and eye brow wax.
* a new hair cut and color.
* money for my vegas trip labor day weekend! holllaaa! (and i don't gamble, it just costs an arm and a leg to even eat out there!)
* cd's galore.
* this gancio luchetto patent purse for the fall, black or brown will do!
* and this is a strange one. i was in paradise at build a bear with all those little outfits and accessories. seriously. i noticed they have an elephant you can stuff and dress up. i would love my very own safari barbie elephant. i have an $8off coupon, so i just might have to take advantage.

5 comments:

CindyLooHoo said...

OK...I have so many comments to your post- I have to make a list.
1. Very envious over the NKOTB tix.
2. You need to not be so skerred over turning the big 3-0! Especially since you have a whole year, ya big whiner! Look at me- things only get back in your 30's!! HAHAHAHA!
4. The purse- come on. Who do you know that is that wealthy to plunk down that much green on a bag?
5. I, too, bought myself a BAB on my 29th birthday, so go for it!!!
6. Are we celebrating our birthdays while I am down there?
7. Crap- plumeria? I thought you liked Cherry Blossom or whatever that was called.
8. Vegas!!! I forgot you were going out there!

CindyLooHoo said...

Oops- made error on #2. Meant to say things only get 'better', but maybe my vision is going and I can't type as well as I used to- maybe it's got something to do with the 30's thing!! :)

*marissa* said...

cindy, you are hilarious! i am more afraid of being 29 than 30 at this point, but i know i will get skerred as 30 approaches. as for the purse, i don't know anyone who would buy that :) i'm just dreamin! as for bath n body works, it's always been plumeria, but i will seriously wear anything at this point! hahaha.

Breezy said...

I second the jealousy over the NKOTB tix! I just found out they are comming to Charlotte, but not until Oct 30th, which is too close to my due date...why must Joey Joe do this to me? Also, Josh and I are making our first trip to Build-A-Bear this weekend to make something for Connor =) I am WAAY excited and a little afraid I'll want to make one for myself...they have soo many accessories! And, for the record (and as someone who's already 29)...it's all about how you feel. I still feel like a college chick in many respects-so don't be surprised if you find me with Connor in a hotsling backin' dat azz up (b/c you've showed me mama's don't have to give up the booty shakin'!). As for planning the 30th...I've already started planning mine as well =) (think bouncey house and sumo suits and BBQ...)

CallMeMommaRock said...

Oh yeah, you don't need to be a gambler to spend in Vegas...between the flight out there, food and shows, girl- you can spend it up! We were there last month for 4 days and surely did!! Loved the show we saw though..despite all the money! LOL