haha. i have never really been a coffee drinker. i will meet people at coffeehouses to socialize and i always get that cold frappaccino drink, but i have never drank coffee at my home. i don't even know how to use the coffeemaker, that is brian's thing. sad, i know, especially when guests come to town.
well on saturday morning, i told brian to make me some coffee too. he was shocked. so he did, and i attempted to blend mine and it was quite a mess i made. but it was still good (5 spoonfuls of sugar later). i told myself that i can get into this.
so at target yesterday, i bought myself one of those fancy creamers....chocolate almond fudge. oh yeah! brian giggled that we finally now have something in common. we can drink coffee together!
so this morning, for the first time, i have put coffee into a travel mug and it is going with me to take the kids to preschool and errands. i kind of feel official now or something. all i need is another addiction, right? sheesh.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
oh my gosh. i would die without coffee!! welcome to the real world, marissa! :) and you may be amused to know that curtis is the one in our family who will only drink coffee with what he freely admits is "girly creamer" - he likes the french vanilla. he he! :)
i am so pleased to be part of the real world! wow-that creamer was awesome! yay for curtis loving girly creamer too!
Here-here for the girly creamer! We ONLY drink coffee with French Vanilla at our house...and my hubby doesn't even like sweets! With that creamer you don't even need sugar! Glad you're "official" now...though it seems you'd have needed the coffee prior to the preschool days ;) Go out and get you a cutie patootie travel mug to celebrate!
Heh, I've been converting my coworkers one by one. Eventually the smell of it brewing in my office wears them down.
hahaha! That is awesome! So me! Matt lives by coffee and I have no idea how to make it.
Wait. You have how many kids and are just trying coffee NOW?! My Mom started pumping me full of coffee in junior high. I'm sure you can tell by my absolute perkiness. FYI Hazelnut coffee is the best. No need for the shame of girl-y creamer.
i am just so happy i have blogged about something worthy enough for all these comments! i can't wait to have my coffee tomorrow now.....
It all starts with girly creamer and goes downhill from there. I started with 2 creamers and 4 sugars in a standard mug in middle school and now it's black and the darker roast the better. Really, I just wanted to join the commenting bandwagon. Am I a cool kid now?
yeah! we have another coffee drinker! its the best...
So sad, how I too have genuine fears about using our coffee maker. Totally Brad's job, but I must admit, I lose my enthusiasm by the end of the week having to wash all of the travel mugs by hand. Don't ask me why I have a fear of putting them in the dish washer. Anyway, I have a new friend in coffee, but you have to read my blog for more info. :)
I have to respectfully request that you post again, because everytime I peek in on your blog, I get "make believe it's your first time" stuck in my head for quite some time... :)
Post a Comment