Saturday, January 17, 2009

i'm missing it.......

so out of curiosity, i went to my very first blog post ever on july 10, 2007. here was my last paragraph:

"My spiritual make-up: is always in transition. After going on the "missions" trip to DC with the teens, I know the community is where my heart is right now. I know I will end up in Africa some day, as I have had that desire since I was a young teen. It's so hard because I have this wanna "save the world" mentality, and I obviously cannot do it all. I am taking this time off to focus on what the Lord wants me to do and to study the Word and exercise my spiritual gifts. I just want a total make-over and a new and fresh perspective. So pray for me if you think about it :)"

first of all, i am just amazed that i finally got to go to africa. it wasn't in the works back then, i had no idea of it. but i knew the Lord laid that wonderful place on my heart those many years ago for a reason. God is so good. i can't say it enough.

i also read that and was sad. i'm not in the community to which the level i was hoping to be at this point. i haven't been able to exercise my spiritual gifts. and it makes me sad. but you know what? God didn't lay that on my heart either to the point where i can't sleep at night, for me to never do what He has asked me to. i know He is in control. all that matters is that when He flings those doors open for me, He knows i will be running in, willing to be used.

but what's most amazing is that over this time frame, He has shown me that being in "ministry" doesn't have to be on some huge scale. it's the everyday relationships i encounter. it's how He desires to use me to speak into other's lives on His behalf. it's how He is in my smile. in all i do, i just want it to be in Him.

i'm grateful. i'm stoked!

i have been missing swaziland like crazy lately. i wore my team swazi shirt today. here are some pics just for me to reminisce of how beautiful God is. i saw Him, felt Him, and grew in Him thanks to these extensions of His beauty. thank you, Lord....



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

i miss it sooo much!

Breezy said...

You are in ministry everyday because of who you are in Him...you minister through this blog every time you write, even if He is not mentioned. I'm proud to know someone who ministers the way you do =)