Saturday, January 17, 2009

learn some respect!

so i am on a blogging roll these days. but i couldn't even wait until tomorrow for this one....

so tonight we started to read to the kids from their new Bible. i was telling them how to show respect to the Bible, since God wrote it to us. (this could be my baptist school roots coming out, where we literally had 10 "rules" posted on the wall on how to treat the Bible with respect).

anyhoo, so i reminded them not to throw the Bible, or sit or stand on it, yada yada. and callie turns to chase and says, "and don't put your penis on it."

i just sat there in shock. brian and i were trying our best not to laugh (he later informs me that callie had such a smirk on her face because she got away with saying "penis" without a lecture.) i mean, seriously?!?!?!?!

not even 10 minutes later (after reading the Bible), callie is snuggling with me on the couch. she unleashed the most potent and deadly gas i have ever encountered.

i asked, "callie, did you toot?"
she replies, "maybe it was you, mommy..."
"um, no."
and with all seriousness, she blinks and says, "well, maybe it was God."

oh boy. who knew i would be teaching so much respect in one night. that girl.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww that's Callie for you! HAHA! Love it!

Jennifer said...

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! oh my, oh my. callie is too funny!

jdhall said...

Nothing funnier than kids saying the "p" word.

Reminds me of this video.

*marissa* said...

oh josh! i remember that! hahaha.

CindyLooHoo said...

Ok... I have read and re-read this entry. It makes me cry from laughing so hard. She is absolutely hysterical- and her timing. my oh my! She is something!!!

Daniel said...

You live with Brian Ackerman and you think that was the foulest odor ever? Hard to believe!

Breezy said...

I'm in tears laughing over here! I must remember to tell Connor that "rule" =) That Callie!!

Curtis Mulder said...

Hilarious!

Heather said...

if chase puts his penis on stuff at home, he puts it on stuff in public.

i'm just sayin'

haha

Valerie Trefry said...

The other night when I first read this, I laughed so hard I p**d my pants. Yes, I know what you are thinking - I am old and a cough will make me do that. This was so very funny - I have revisited the entry over and over again. I just read it to my daughter and her friend who she was talking to on the phone. That is why Art Linkletter has such a hit with "Kids Say The Darndest Things". That is a story which will haunt her for years to come. The kind of story you repeat over and over again as she grows into an adult - just to remind her what a little sweetheart she was:)

cmrpaul said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!